Monday, August 2, 2010

What I learned this weekend about Erie

I bought my first Erie Times-News on Sunday. As a Journalism major in college, I have a strong interest in newspapers and television news. As dorky as it sounds, I was excited to pick up a paper to see what the news culture was in Erie, Pa.

I learned that there is a wild herd of voracious pigs that might soon affect local crops.

In the neighboring town, Conneaut (cone-E-aht) Lake, the Blue Streak Roller Coaster is in 15th place for the Pepsi Refresh Project. (Perhaps you’ve seen commercials for this program). Only the top 10 are funded. I missed my chance to vote.

The word search and crossword puzzles are in English and Spanish.

The political race is hot this year.

What did you learn this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I learned this week that the first woman to be on a United States Postal Stamp was Martha Washington. You learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete