Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Raven in Steelers Country

I'm trying really hard to dislike the Steelers. But I am also trying really hard to make friends. It's rough being a Ravens fan in Steelers country, but so far so good. Today Jess, Meredith, Bekah, Eric and I went to Fox and Hound to watch the games. Erie actually wasn't airing the Steelers game.

Erie is about an hour and a half from Cleveland in one direction and an hour from Buffalo in the other direction. Therefore, Browns or Bills games usually hit the airwaves. Looks like we will be going to the Fox every Sunday.

So I'm so prepared for having my guard up about the Ravens, I was actually really mean to an innocent guy today. After halftime, a guy in a Browns jersey taps me on my shoulder and asks how Ray Rice is doing. He asked if he got a touch down yet. We had not scored at this point.

I looked at him and said "You really walked all the way up here to ask me that?" thinking he wanted to start a fight (well not a fight, but you know what i mean).

He looked at me wide eyed and said, "No, no, I'm just asking. Rice is on my fantasy team and I can't see the Ravens game from my seat." And he walked away.

I felt so bad.

There's one guy I won't be friends with.

But I had a blast! Even as the only Ravens jersey in the place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment