Sunday, October 24, 2010

This weekend

What a wonderful weekend :)

Saturday started uneventfully. I slept in (much needed), cleaned the kitchen, then went to get new glasses! You have no idea how incredibly exciting this was for me. I have not gotten my glasses prescription updated since…high school. I can’t remember when in high school, but they are old nonetheless. When I went for the exam, the optometrist asked how I was even able to walk and see where I was going. I had no idea it was that bad.

So I just wanted new lenses. However my prescription had  changed so much, and gotten so bad, that the new lenses would not have fit in my current frames. They would have been too thick. Yea, if it weren’t for the latest technology in lenses, I would have coke bottle glasses.

Picking out a new set of frames was very difficult. I’m not very decisive. I finally had 5 frames in my hand and just asked the guy helping me to decide for me. Here’s what he/we decided on.

New Glasses

There are rhinestones on the sides – I love them :)

So after my eye glass extravaganza, I went to church. I went to church for the first time since moving here, and really for the first time since last Spring semester when Sean and I would go for Holy Days. Sean was my church buddy at Towson. I have already informed him that I found new church buddies here – so this is old news thankfully.

Meredith and I were talking about religion one day and we realized we were both Catholic. Meredith was very excited with this. She loves going to church but seemed to lose motivation easily. Well, now that I’m here I have taken on the role of initiator (for most things we do) and rounded up the gang for our first church service together. Meredith, Bekah and I went to St. James Roman Catholic Church for the Saturday evening mass. It was the quickest mass of my life! It had to be 40 minutes or less. Crazy.

We will be returning next week.

After Church, Meredith invited me over for a movie night. I’ll spare you the details of the movie, cough cough Predator 2. Yea. Meredith was very intent on watching all of the Predator and Alien movies, so I happened to catch her in the middle of the movie marathon. Not quite my movie genre, but everyone knows I like hanging out and talking, so that’s just what we did.

Then I met a new friend. Officer Mook is an officer for campus. Her and Meredith are friends, so she stopped by on her campus rounds. Long story short, the three of us wound up at a new bar a few hours later for a fun girls night out. Totally impromptu and it was awesome!

Sunday! Football Sunday! First thing this morning, Meredith and I went to get my new glasses (yay!) then headed over to the Fox and Hound to get our table ready. We were expecting 8 people for the games today! I really love our Fox Sundays. Today we had Nicole, Mook, Bekah, Eric, Jess, Meredith and me. Luci decided not to come. What a nailbiter, Ravens!

After the game we went to Jess’s place for dinner. MMMM homemade pizza. It was great, Jess!

I had a Hall Council event tonight in Senat to round out my weekend. Pretty successful I think.

I went into this weekend with just plans for football Sunday, and it turned out to be a fun-filled, friend-filled, beautiful Erie weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I like the glasses! And you would be wearing a TU shirt (lol).

    ReplyDelete