Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pizza and Pop

So this isn't a terribly exciting post, but it's all the energy I have.

Here is new vocabulary that I have learned here.

Pop = Soda. No one says soda. RA programs usually have pizza and pop. This is really taking some getting used to.
Nebby = Nosey. One of my RAs apologized for being a nebby and I looked at him very strangely. Apparently I'm weird because I don't say it, haha.

Community Standards = Policies. Policies is a word we do not use. Everything is a standard. All judicial meetings are CS meetings. The past 3 days I have been a CS machine thanks to my incredibly diligent RAs.

Rubber bands = gum bands. I don't think I'm converting on this one.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If I learn more I'll be sure to pass them along :)


3 comments:

  1. Haha I had to make the opposite adjustment from "pop" to "soda."

    ReplyDelete
  2. my gma is from pittsburgh and she has a coffee mug with all the PA lingo. i should send it to you. it would be mighty useful! ps. the sweeper is a vaccum and wooder is water! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WAS BORN IN PITTSBURGH!!! I KNEW ABOUT GUMBANDS & POP!!

    ReplyDelete