Saturday, December 4, 2010

Back in Erie

I think a lot happened this week.

Let me try to remember.

Tuesday was Skype night! Meg, Jaime and I skyped for a while and it was AMAZING. It was the first time we all had talked since June! We also realized this was the first time we were all living in different states…so weird.

image

Wednesday I started physical therapy for my knee. I’m so glad I finally went. The doc said that my knee was grinding because there was literally no muscle on the inside of my knee. After the first time I tore my MCL, my inside muscle basically “gave up” and decided not to work for me anymore – thus making the outside muscle, quad and glut do all the work. It makes so much sense!! So we will be working on retraining my brain to use my inside muscle as well as doing exercises to build the muscle since it hasn’t been worked or used in over 10 years. I will be going twice a week for a while. But I’m actually ok with that. With the ice here, I need that muscle to be in tip top shape or I know I will tear my MCL again.

I also went to the dentist. Meredith gave me the name of her dentist to go to. I’m so glad she did. You may know that I do not…I repeat..do not like the dentist. Sometimes there are tears. So it was great to go to a dentist on a recommendation rather than luck. The hygienist and dentist were very nice. And no cavities! I think I will be getting my wisdom teeth taken out soon. More on that plan if it actually happens. The hygienist also persuaded me to keep my permanent retainer in forever. Oh joy.

It snowed this week!

image

 image

I decorated for Christmas.

image

I had a minor catastrophe while doing laundry. Thank goodness for dustbusters.

image 

And on Friday, Bekah, Meredith and I went to the Hanging of the Greens – the longest Behrend tradition since 1948. It marks the beginning of the Christmas season as well as remembering the Behrend family. It was a touching ceremony. Everyone squeezed into the Behrend Chapel at the Wintergreen Gorge Cemetery and sang songs of the season and listened to passages. No pictures this year. I’ll remember next year.

image

Today Meredith and I went to Claytopia to paint! It was a great way to spend a snowy Saturday. Tomorrow is Bri’s birthday party! And the biggest game of the season! So very excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment