Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hazing…I mean tradition

 

So my Student Affairs department has a tradition, as they call it. I like to call it hazing. Each week, we meet as a department. The new hires are required to “cater” these meetings. We take turns until there is another new hire. Luckily there are a few of us to share this duty.

My job for tomorrow was cupcakes and cookies. I  might add this is the first time I am baking for my colleagues.

So I don’t really keep cake mixes stocked in my pantry, but luckily I had a strawberry cake mix. Then I went to grab cupcake liners. I only had cows and pumpkins. Whatever. So I made a batch of strawberry cupcakes. Super. All is well.

Until..

I realized I have no icing – nor do I have the ingredients to make icing. Great. Strawberry cupcakes might not like to be naked, know what I mean?

So, I scoured my pantry for an alternative.

I found marshmallows.

So I cut them in half and for the last five minutes of baking I added them to the top of the cupcakes. Then, I said a prayer.

When I took them out they still looked a little naked, so I added a mini M&M because that’s all that would stick to the marshmallow.

Here’s the finished product:

IMG_1841

IMG_1835   IMG_1845

What do you think? I hope they like them!

2 comments:

  1. They look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! You are so creative :) I would have just gone to the store.

    ReplyDelete