Friday, December 10, 2010

I just remembered something

So I know I'm preaching to the choir when I say I've been insanely stressed this week. Between my RAs making poor choices, to attending programs every night, stressing out about the holidays, surviving my first Erie snowstorm and trying to make a dent in my to-do list, I just haven't been myself.

Meredith, Bekah and I are in the midst of planning Jenkahdith day tomorrow and part of that includes church. I then remembered a story from last weekend that just brought a positive spin to my day.

Meredith and I were at church last weekend and the homily was about thinking positively, looking for the good in situations and people, and being thankful for what you have. While listening to this, I was thinking how I should not be stressing over the things mentioned above because I am lucky that I have an amazing job, a loving family, and great friends to get me through my first Erie winter.

When we stood up after the homily, Meredith leaned over and said, "Jenna, I think you've given me that homily before."

I laughed and shrugged it off, but it quite possibly was the nicest and most genuine compliment I've ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment