Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pickles and Lemon Pledge

Sounds gross right?

That’s what the plane smelled like on way from Buffalo to Baltimore.

Yesterday, I came back to Baltimore for the Holidays. I started my trek around 8:00 a.m. I needed to stop at the office to give my apartment key to Meredith so she could take care of my plants. I saw Meeghan, which was great since I didn’t get a chance to wish her Merry Christmas.

I then started my voyage north from Erie to Buffalo. It snowed the whole drive. It was a pretty snow. Nothing too blizzardy – just fluff. I snapped this photo for those of you who don’t believe how close I actually am to Canada…

IMG_0536

Just to give you perspective – the airport is at exit 51. Canada is 53.

So nothing to thrilling at the airport. I got there super early because I was worried about finding the long term parking lot and then catching a shuttle to the airport.

I still don’t love flying, but I love meeting people. Here are the interesting people I met during this flight:

Woman and her 10 year old daughter – woman is an engineer with Dupont and LOVED my sapphire ring. She said she had one just like it in the 70s. I thought that was interesting because mine is from the 70s… anyway, they were heading to Waldorf for the holidays. She also told me I look way too young to be working at a college.

50ish year old man – British accent, from Miami, but his kids go to Centennial High – the rival of my high school, River Hill. His sister is the CFO of Southwest.

50ish year old woman – Trying desperately to get to Providence. She was finally flying from Buffalo, to Baltimore, then to Providence. Too much traveling for me.

Now we are finally on the plane.

There is an 80ish year old woman sitting in my row. She takes her coat off and the 50ish year old man from above asks if he can help her put her coat in the overhead bins. She says yes. Then, a 30ish year old man from the row behind us decides he needs to help too. He takes the coat from 50 man and puts it in the overhead. 50 looks at 30 with a very strange expression, and 30 says “I thought I should help a woman. I need to make up for last night".” 80 woman laughed and shook her head.

There were 8 men in full hunting camouflage. 2 were reading Playboy.

The lady across the aisle from me looked like she was dressed to see a dignitary – fur hat, gloves, fancy clothes. She ordered a vodka and monster energy drink. I want to party with her.

I also took a few pictures out the window.

IMG_0543

IMG_0544

IMG_0548

IMG_0551  IMG_0561

IMG_0562 IMG_0564

Feels good to be home, but actually missing Erie. What a strange feeling.

In any event, tomorrow is Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment