Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I went to Pittsburgh this weekend

I went to Pittsburgh this past weekend to celebrate Meredith’s birthday with her sister and friends. As the weekend approached, I found out that the birthday celebration was going to include me as well! What great people they are :)

The weekend started with an itinerary from Courtney and Justin. It was absolutely hysterical. I knew I would totally get along with them.

 Page 1  

Page 2

Page 3So this was my introduction to Pittsburgh. Here is the illustrated version.

As soon as we got to Courtney and Justin’s, there were presents! I got a poncho, skittles, Steelers stuff (ick) and a scratch off lottery ticket! It was so thoughtful.

Presents

Of course, Meredith had to try on her poncho.

Meredith and Jenna

Justin Mere Jenna Michelle

The next day we painted the town! Meredith and I rode the ‘T’ for the first time.

T Ride

Waiting for the T

I was instantly welcomed :)

Visitors

We went to Primanti’s for lunch. A Pittsburgh staple. Cole slaw and french fries on the sandwich. Courtney and I shared a whole sandwich.

IMG_0851

IMG_0852

 Mere and Jenna

After lunch, we went ice skating! I forgot how much I like to skate. It was so much fun!

group ice skating-1

Court Mere Jenna Skating

After skating, we walked around rainy Pittsburgh. I saw the theatres and the Pirate’s Stadium. It was beautiful. Can’t wait for baseball season to start. We got back on the ‘T’, walked back to the house and took naps. Then we walked to church. Mass was mass. We prayed for the Steelers. And the Packers. And the fans. And the priest because it was his birthday. After mass we walked to Slapshots – where we would be celebrating our birthdays!

As soon as we walked in, the bartender gave us birthday shots. Then ensued 6 hours of meeting new people, dancing, drinking, and fun, fun, fun :)

IMG_0854

 IMG_0859

IMG_0860

IMG_0861

Court and Jenna

  Crazy friends   Jenna and the Straubs Justin and Jenna  M and J at Bar   Michael Jenna Justin Michelle Jenna Meredith     

And that was my weekend in Pittsburgh. It rocked :)

No comments:

Post a Comment