Friday, November 26, 2010

Tuesday of Thanksgiving Week

Mom and I had planned on spending the entire day baking. Here is the story of why that didn’t happen.

After staying out late the night before, I didn’t get the sleep until around 1 a.m. Well, around 7 a.m. I hear a man in the hallway outside my room. Apparently, mom forgot about an energy audit that she was having completed before the winter. The BGE man was here for a few hours looking at all of the ways we could be saving energy. Yes, this was a great idea. No, this was not a great idea at 7 a.m.

So after the BGE man left, mom and I went to grab breakfast at where else, DD. We went through the drive-through, ate our sandwiches and drank our heavenly coffee from the comfort of the couch, then decided to nap. My nap lasted until 2 p.m. so much for baking all day – I had a dinner date with my Towson loves! So we hung around the house, not being productive, then I headed out to Bateman’s.

I was so excited driving there. It felt like I never moved – even though I was talking to Meredith on the phone while I was driving there. It’s crazy when two worlds collide. 

Now I know Bateman’s isn’t the classiest place. I know Bateman’s isn’t the most amazing food. But I do know that I wanted someplace homey and Bateman’s fit the bill. Well, traffic was horrendous. Absolutely horrible. Everyone was running late. So since I was already there, I thought I’d see what my on-campus friends were up to. Mark had wanted to see me, so I texted him. He was just about the close the building, so he was in the lobby. Perfect.

I walked over to Tower A, and wouldn’t you know it, the whole TA staff was in the lobby! I wasn’t prepared for that. So again, Mark covered my face is kisses, picked me up a few times, and stood holding me for a while. Oh, Mark. Since the whole staff was there, Sean was there too! We talked for a little bit, then slowly other staff members started noticing I was there. Rich, Darlene, Jew Jew and Kaila were all there with hugs.

Oh man, you could feel the love.

So after crashing their staff-time, I headed back to Bateman’s. It was really perfect timing. I had just sat down on a bench outside, and Amy walked up! Oh, Amy, I am so thankful for you. Amy and I hugged for a while then went in to get a table.

Are you tired of the word “hug” yet?

We were later joined by Meg, Jen and Lauren. What a great table of ladies. I can’t believe we all started as residents in Richmond or members of URG and now here were are, six years later and stronger than ever. My friends are so successful, happy, smart and loving. We were sitting in a place where we all celebrated our 21st birthday’s, celebrated countless birthdays and held many a reunion dinner.

After dinner, Amy and I hung out a little longer as we waited for her brother to get out of class. Catching up was in order. Mission accomplished.

I came home that night and Berkley was waiting for me. Coming home after moving away is such a crazy feeling. I know it’s my home, but I feel different. I think I’ve changed. Hopefully, I’ve changed for the better.

Towson reunions are exhausting. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment