Sunday, November 21, 2010

Baltimore Sweet Baltimore

I’m here.

I’m sitting in my living room looking at the Christmas tree and listening to Berkley snore. Life is grand.

I flew by myself for the first time today. I was super nervous. There was no hand to hold. Those who have flown with me know that I’m not the greatest flyer, but I have to say, I think I did a pretty good job today. It wasn’t a full flight, so I actually didn’t have anyone sitting next to me.

The flight was only an hour, but I wanted to do something that required a lot of focus so that I wouldn’t think about the fact that I was 30,000 feet in the air. So to busy my mind, I completed 43 KenKen puzzles. My mind was sharp today.

As we started our decent into Baltimore, the pilot said “If Baltimore is your destination, welcome home. We missed you and we’re glad you’re back.” I just about lost it in row 16. My eyes just got a little teary and I realized how amazing it felt to know I was going home.

The flight arrived 8 minutes early. I was at baggage claim just as Mom was parking. My suitcase was the 4th one on the carousel. That was awesome. We got to the car, and Berkley was waiting. She jumped out of the car and rolled over, right in the garage.

As soon as we got off 295 and onto 95, the Baltimore skyline came into view. I was just telling Bekah on the way to the airport how much I missed that. The building with the green signage is M & T Bank Stadium, home of the Baltimore Ravens.

image

So we came home, had a quick dinner, then I took a much needed nap. It was so homey – napping on the couch, under the lights of the Christmas tree, all snuggled with a Christmas blanket and the Berk.

Now just gearing up for tomorrow – A TOWSON REUNION! Mac and Cheese, roomie love, and old-side friends, together again!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I am tearing up with you and so happy for you to have that feeling of being home. Every time I fly back into Baltimore, I relish the "Welcome to Baltimore" that seemed meant to be when I flew here for my on-campus.

    SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU!

    ReplyDelete