Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving!

It was a crazy morning.

Two kids wanting to ride their new scooters in the house – which Mom somehow agreed to. Three dogs under foot who were not getting along. Two adults who didn’t know where anything was in the house, but trying so hard to help make breakfast. And me and my mom which is a show in itself.

I staked my claim on the couch to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade – which if you didn’t know, is one of my top 5 favorite things in the world. Right behind daisies and snowflakes.

Mom had made our traditional breakfast of sausage and sauerkraut and joined us in the living room. After watching the parade together (which was Serra and Paul Frederick’s first time ever seeing the parade), we all started getting ready for the feast!

Mom and I took over in the kitchen and the family started getting ready. Making dinner this year was really seamless. In the middle of setting the table, Paul Frederick came running into the kitchen. Here was our conversation. Keeping in mind, Paul Frederick is 4 years old.

Paul: Jenna! Jenna! I broke it!

Me: Paul, honey, what did you break?

Paul: Your phone!

Me: Where did you get my phone? I thought it was upstairs in my room in my purse…

Paul: It was! I heard it singing, so I ran upstairs to get it. I had it in my hands and it stopped singing, and I said “Oh, shit!”

Me: ……………..

Paul: Shit, I broke it, Jenna.

Me: Paul Frederick, you did not break it. Do you know you said a bad word?

Paul: What, broke?

Then Aunt Carol explained to him not to talk like that. She was the guilty party who unintentionally taught him the word, so it was her responsibility to explain it to him. Phew.

So then Serra walks into the kitchen and I asked her if she brushed her teeth. She said she did it as soon as she woke up this morning. I asked her what bathroom she used. She said mine. I didn’t remember her toothbrush being in my bathroom, so I asked her what toothbrush she used. She said the pink one in the basket. Oh joy. That would be my toothbrush. And I definitely used it after her. Oh, family.

So finally dinner was starting to come together!

Here Mom is wrestling with the turkey.

IMG_0365

 

The table before.

IMG_0362 

And filled with family and food after. The wine in front of mine and Serra’s plates is a Pink Catawba from the Northeast Wine Festival! Everyone loved it. Even Serra and Paul Frederick gave it a try.

IMG_0366

My plate. Yum.

IMG_0367

And after dinner, we had a photo session.

IMG_1931

 IMG_1932

IMG_1933

IMG_1934

IMG_1935

IMG_1936

IMG_1937

IMG_1938

IMG_1939

IMG_1940  IMG_1942  IMG_1944

And that’s my family.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment