Monday, January 31, 2011

Birthday Weekend Overview

I’m still waiting for some pictures from Claytopia day on Saturday, so I will post a nice overview of the most amazing birthday weekend :)

Let’s start with the weather. For the past 24 years, it has snowed on my birthday. No exaggeration here, people. I was born in a snow storm. Sometimes it’s just a flurry or two, but sometimes is a full on blizzard – case in point last year. On January 30th from 1986 through 2010, there has been precipitation in Baltimore, where I have lived all my life.

Well, newsflash, I live in Erie now! With the cold temperatures and the amount of snow that Erie is known for it was a complete guarantee that the birthday snow would continue. I wasn’t even worried.

Then I woke up on January 30, 2011, to this:

*

*

*

*

*

*

DSC_0066-1

Only the most beautiful day of winter thus far.

I yelled at Meredith that it wasn’t snowing. It was her job to make sure it happened. She asked if throwing a snowball at me constituted “snowing” and would keep the tradition going. Sadly, I said no. I then apologized for yelling.

You know what else happened on my 2011 birthday weekend? CVPs burned down.

So sad.

I’m preaching to the choir to say I believe in signs, but if these events aren’t telling me to move on a start new traditions, I don’t know what is.

Clearly, Fate thinks I’m ready for a new normal.

What do you think?

DSC_0063-1

No comments:

Post a Comment